The original building containing an inn, a drinking hall, and a dance hall, was built in 1793–1795 according to the designs of Thobias Gruber and Johann Rothhesel. The building fulfilled the purpose of a social centre, where the spa guests met at a common table, spent their leisure time by reading, by playing billiards, or at evening fêtes.
The completion of the spa “Trakteurhaus” in the town of Cheb under the reign of Emperor Franz II in 1795 is commemorated by the oldest memorial plaque in the town, located on the northern wall of the building.
In 1874, the Social Hall, including the old colonnade, was purchased by the town of Františkovy Lázně, which then expanded the building complex by the grandiose “Conversation Hall”, built in 1876/1877 according to the designs of architect Gustav Wiedermann. This adjustment made the Social Hall one of the dominants of Františkovy Lázně.