Sady Solného a Lučního pramene
The area in front of the Colonnade of the Salty and Meadow Springs was adapted into a park in 1860. Later, in the 1890s, the park was expanded to the east and to the south towards the springs. The main promenade leads to the Romantic building of the Salingburg Lookout Tower.
In 1816, the Salty Spring was discovered, and immediately, a new route leading from the tapping room by the František Spring to the Salty Spring was created, bordered by pyramidal poplars, as well as hedge rows. This route is used to this day and is known as the Isabella Promenade. Since 1818, when the Meadow Spring was discovered in the surroundings of the Salty Spring during renovation work, salt and dirt was transported to the fens, and the terrain was reinforced with whole tree trunks. The town of Františkovy Lázně dealt with the systematic purchase of public property and parks from the town of Cheb. Despite of this, it did not economise when it came to planting trees and equipping the parks. In 1833, the town of Cheb sold the properties beginning in the spa centre and continuing towards the Salty and Meadow Springs, and the backfilling was commenced. In 1842, a windstorm tore down the wooden Colonnade of the Salty and Meadow Springs, and in 1843, the present-day masoned colonnade was constructed. After this, gardens with paths were established in its direct proximity and trees were planted. In the period beginning in 1860, the properties on both sides of the Colonnade of the Salty and Meadow Springs began to be systematically planted with oaks and linden trees, which grow there to this day.
The first train from Cheb to Františkovy Lázně arrived in 1865, so it became necessary to adapt the bare embankment of the railway to Cheb. Since 1881, when the Society for Planting Greenery and Beautifying Františkovy Lázně was founded, the terrain beyond the Salty and Meadow Springs has been maintained. The terrain was very exacting for planting. The planting of trees and bushes, however, covered up the sad sight of the bare embankment by no later than 1887.
After World War I ended, sports and gaining skills in sports again became fashionable. Since gyms did not exist, sports were carried out in the outdoors. Premises for athletic activities were created in parks. Tennis was again played, people swam and rowed, trained fencing, and went horseback riding. Shooting at targets or trap shooting was also popular. At the edge of the park, by Slatinný Creek under the Colonnade of the Salty and Meadow Springs, shooting was organised so that people aimed towards the hill in the direction of the lookout tower.
In 1923, the properties on the edge of town were redesigned to form a continuous park south from Slatinný Creek to the Salingburg Lookout Tower and on to the railway. An excursion trail to the lookout tower and to the premises of the former shooting grounds was integrated into this park. The Glauber Springs Hall was constructed in the south section of the park in 1928.