In its time,
the Luisa Spring, discovered not long after Františkovy Lázně was established, was the second most profuse spring. This is why it was named in honour of Empress Consort Marie Ludovica, the third wife of Emperor Franz, in the summer of 1808.
Since, in 1811, another sourcing spring, what was to be later called the “New Spring”, was discovered in the direct proximity of it, it was not possible to roof-over the spring with a typical round pavilion. So, in 1826, the original building with an elliptical layout was built according to the designs of civil engineer Stöhr.
Please consult the drinking cure with the spa physician.