After the former church on the site was damaged by fire, the current, single-nave Baroque church of St James, with a tower in the front façade, was built in Horní Lomany in 1740.
In the 19th century, the parish of Horní Lomany also fell under Františkovy Lázně.
The Church of James the Great in Horní Lomany has a rectangular church nave and a right-angled presbytery. A sacristy is attached to the south, with an oratory placed above it. A tower stands on the western side of the church, through which the main entrance to the church leads. The inner furnishings of the church date to the end of the 18th century and the beginning of the 19th century. However, some items were brought here from other churches. More extensive repairs to the church, financed primarily by German compatriots, were carried out in 1989. The next renovations were done in 2004.